The Federal Government (FG) Bilateral Education Agreement Application procedures for 2016/2017 academic session has been released.
The programmes that are eligible for the scholarship awards are stated below:
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Ukraine, Japan, and
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those who obtained their first degrees in Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
N/B: BEA PROCESSING DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BE WARY OF PERSON OR PERSONS ASKING FOR MONEY TO HELP IN THE FACILITATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP. BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!’
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit the Federal Ministry of Education’s website education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
- Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled
WARNING: Double Entries will be disqualified!
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2015 & 2016). The age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least a 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice. In all, applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. The age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
NOTE (For all Applicants)
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: stipenumhungaricum.hu before 1st February 2017 and complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the venue in addition to 2.0 above.
VENUE OF INTERVIEW
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) colored passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates which will Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit.
2017/2018 BEA INTERVIEW VENUES AND DATES FROM FEBRUARY 13TH To 17TH 2017
|S/ N||ZONE/ VENUE||MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH||TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH||WEDNESDAYFEBRUARY 15TH||THURSDAY FEBRUARY 16TH||FRIDAY MARCH 17TH|
|1.||NORTH – WEST, KASU MAIN CAMPUS KADUNA||SOKOTO & ZAMFARA STATES||KANO & KEBBI STATES||JIGAWA & KATSINA STATES||KADUNA STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
|2.||NORTH- EAST FGGC, JALINGO TARABA||BORNO & YOBE STATES||BAUCHI & GOMBE STATES||ADAMAWA STATE||TARABA STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
|3.||NORTH- CENTRAL CROWTHER MEMORIAL COLLEGE- LOKOJA||BENUE & FCT STATES||NIGER & PLATEAU STATES||KWARA & NASARAWA STATES||KOGI STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
|4.||SOUTH – WEST, SCHOOL OF SCIENCE OKEBOLA IBADAN||ONDO & OSUN STATES||LAGOS & OGUN STATES||EKITI STATE||OYO STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
|5.||SOUTH- SOUTH FED. COE TECH PERM SITE ALONG ASABA – IBUSA RD ASABA||CROSS RIVERS & RIVERS STATES||AKWA IBOM & BAYELSA STATES||EDO STATE||DELTA STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
|6.||SOUTH- EAST LAW FACULTY EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY EBONYI||ANAMBRA STATE||IMO STATE||ABIA & ENUGU STATES||EBONYI STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport,;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government Hospitals; and
- Police clearance certificate
TIME : 9.00 A.M DAILY
The post Federal Government (FG) BEA Scholarships For 2017/2018 appeared first on JEELDA.