Acne, a long term skin disease that occurs as a result of the obstruction of hair follicles by dead skin cells and oil from the skin can also be called blackheads or pimples and is usually seen on the face, upper-chest or back. It can reduce your confidence and self esteem.
The good news is that you can now take care of those pimples. Unbelievable, right? Well, its true. You can make those pimples disappear with just a simple and natural method. USING BANANA PEELS! Funny, I know but when once you’ve tried the steps outlined below, you will be recommending this method to anyone who is suffering from acne too!
STEPS ON HOW TO USE BANANA PEELS FOR ACNE TREATMENT
- First things first. Wash your face with cool water and if possible, a cleanser to remove dirt, debris and oil. These may be contributing factors and elements of acne and can hamper the effectiveness and potency of the banana peel treatment. Afterwards, pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Get a ripe banana that is yellowish or brownish. For this method, the yellowish or brownish banana is preferable to the unripe green banana because it doesn’t have as much nutrients as the brownish or yellowish banana and can be less effective for this purpose.
- Peel the banana. You can eat the banana but save the peel, remember, you only need the banana peel and not the actual fruit. Also remember to peel the banana only when you are ready to start the process. For easy usage, cut the banana peels into smaller and hold-able sizes.
- Rub the inside of the banana peel (i.e, the white part) gently on the affected areas, when you notice the banana peel getting black, drop it, pick up another peel and continue with the rub for at least ten minutes. The discarded banana peel that has turned black is as a result of the dirt that it has absorbed from your skin.
- After rubbing do not wash the affected area, it is advisable to go to bed without washing so as to give your skin enough time to absorb the nutrients that are inherent in the banana peel. Nutrients contained are vitamins A, B, C and E, Potassium, Zinc as well as Iron. These nutrients can help keep your skin hydrated, combat bacterial infections as well as acne inflammation.
- These processes should be repeated daily for at least a week. It is preferable to do it before going to bed. Positive signs should be visible at the end of the first week. After that, your acne will start clearing up and the skin will be less inflamed.
N/B: If you experience irritation, this might be that you’ve rubbed too hard on the affected area. If irritation still persists after gentle rubbing, then you are advised to stop immediately. The banana peel treatment, however, is usually recommended for treatment for people with sensitive skin.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BANANA PEELS
- Banana peels contain nutrients such as vitamins A, B, C and E, Potassium, Zinc and Iron, Magnesium and B complex vitamins which are essential for good health, cell development, stronger immune systems and energy.
- Banana peels have fiber and protein in it. Fiber is necessary for good and proper digestion.
- They are also good for your skin, body and the growth of other living things around you. Use the peels as compost or soak them in water, thereafter, apply the juice/water to the soil to aid in plant growth.
EFFECTIVE TIPS FOR BANANA PEELS
- Banana peels help in tightening and hydrating your skin, getting rid of contaminants which add to wrinkles and ageing skin.
- Banana peels are also useful for the treatment of eczema and psoriasis.
- They are also useful for combating warts. Simply tape a banana peel over a wart overnight to help reduce it.
- They can be used to absorb dirt, allergens, contaminants and toxins. If you are suffering from a bug bite or you’ve got a rash from poison ivy, rub the banana peel over the affected spot to reduce the itchiness and inflammation.
- Banana peels can also be used for acne scars and pockmarks as it helps in hydrating the skin.
One of the most nutritious substances in our homes are banana peels. The comparison of your skin after using banana peels is guaranteed to be a shocker. Remember, banana peels help in giving you a fresher and smoother skin, more energy, stronger immune system, and all-round good health. So, the next time you eat banana, think twice about throwing away the peel!
The post Banana Peels: Health Benefits And Treatment For Acne appeared first on JEELDA.